Saturday, November 4, 2006

Hello, It's Democracy Calling! ...Hello?

From "My Pre-Election Day Phone Log":

Friday, 9:22 AM

"You've reached Bill Barol. Leave a message."
{Beep}
{Fifty-six seconds of silence}
"Allo! This is Aldo Moro. As a five-time prime minister of Italy, I know something about big government. So despite the fact that I was assassinated by the Red Brigades almost 30 years ago, I urge you to vote no on Proposition 90, a -- Como se dice, eh, 'pillola di veleno'? Ah, si, si -- a poison pill by developers and their political back--"
{CLICK}

...Read the whole thing at Huffington Post.

(Oh, by the way... To the phone bank guy who called me from, and I am not making this up, "888-555-1234": If you really want me to answer the phone, you should come up with a fake number that doesn't make it look like you're calling from Jim Rockford's trailer.)

No comments: